And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man
Like anyone should be surprised that a liberal president would be in favor of a liberal cause. I was more surprised about people being surprised. I am also aware that our heterosexual marriages aren’t much to crow about these days. Scripture and two thousand years of church teaching stands against homosexuality. These things also tell us “straight” people that we need a healthier look at our relationships.
STRAIGHTEN OUT STRAIGHT MARRIAGE
- Mr. Obama’s Biblical reference does not apply to gay marriage
- Protestant doctrine has assisted in the ruin of heterosexual marriage
- Capitalism has assisted in the ruin of heterosexual marriage
- Rather than be upset with gay marriage, we need to heed the story of creation to revive the best of our traditional marriages
- We should concentrate on the work God gave us and let him present us with the person we should have (v. 15, 18)
- We should accept the person God has for us for who he or she is (v. 23)
- We should be and create a bond where we are safe to be open and honest with each other (v.25)
It is not enough for us to say that heterosexual monogamy is God’s will. We must seek God in our marriages to make them so.